NEW Long Rifle 2nd Edition
Why a 2nd Edition? Well, it's been almost 9 years since the original and lots has changed mechanics wise with THW. Quicker games, less dice rolling and the best part? The results are still realistic.
In Long Rifle you're an independent Hunter or Scout not allied to the French or British. But how long can you stay that way? Things in the game will present you with challenges and what you decide to do can dictate who your friends are and more importantly who your enemies are. Think Last of the Mohicans.
NOW WITH 49 Counters of seven types. British Army, Irregulars and Indian Allies. French Army, Irregulars and Indian Allies. Settlers.
and a Battleboard!
In case you forgot....
WHICH SIDE WILL YOU CHOOSE?
Long Rifle is the black powder period RPG/skirmish game centered on the French and Indian War. Your role is to gain fame and fortune while leading a small band of men through encounters and adventures.
You will gain fortune by hunting and trapping wild animals and fame based on your exploits and success. During your adventures you will meet friends and confront enemies. You start out independent not taking sides in the conflict but staying that way may be a challenge. Inside you'll find:
• Army lists for all the players in the French & Indian War.
• An easy to use Campaign System that links your adventures where the results from one adventure influences the next.
• Playable solo or cooperatively against the game or competitively - head to head.
• A character improvement system that rewards your successes while punishing you failures.
• All this and more. Long Rifle is a stand alone game compatible with Muskets and Mohawks, the unit based game of the French and Indian War.
This set of rules is supplied in a downloadable PDF. At your check out, you will be given instructions on how to download the PDF. Please contact us if you have any problems or questions!